N Brown Group is a leading digital fashion retailer, with 140 years of experience.
We offer our customers an extensive range of products, principally clothing, footwear and homewares. We are size inclusive, from 10-32 in Womenswear and S to 5XL in Menswear. This means we meet the needs of two significant but under-served customer groups – size 20-plus and age 50-plus. Traditionally a mail order catalogue business, we now see over 60% of demand coming from online, and are changing our approach accordingly. In order to drive both sales and brand awareness, we also operate a small store estate in the UK, focused on key shopping areas.
Capitalising on our heritage
Our business has many strengths, including:
- Our customer file.
- In-house skills in using customer data to personalise our offering.
- Fantastic presentation skills through years of producing catalogues.
- Experienced design capabilities to ensure our products fit perfectly.
- Our experience in operating a credit book to offer our customers finance solutions with their purchases.
Exciting opportunities ahead
To enable our future growth we are investing in our business, most notably in our systems, but also in our people and processes. These investments will allow us to capture a number of exciting and significant growth opportunities:
- Digital capabilities – strengthening our in-house digital teams to ensure we remain at the cutting edge of technological change.
- Capitalising on our niche positions – in both larger sizes and older age groups.
- Broaden appeal – gaining new customers by building brand awareness and allowing customers to buy with their credit or debit card in addition to using an account.
- Grow scale – expansion into new territories, such as the USA, and new channels, such as stores. These actions take advantage of growth opportunities and also build scale, improving efficiency.